Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 10 - "Why I Plumb"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day10.mp3

This one is great. It's only about a minute long, but expect to listen to it at least 10 times in a row. I wanted to write something like the ridiculous Mozart opera stuff I saw on the videos in music history. To me, Mozart's music sounds like it was written before anyone had any problems, and I don't really mean that in a good way. So, this is me making fun of goofy music by writing more goofy music.

Maria sings on this one again. The female plumber is explaining to you, the audience, why she does what she does...what keeps her going each day, etc. Since the lyrics at the end don't quite emphasize it enough, I'll give you the character development I was going for: she became a plumber because she can't swim, and if someone doesn't keep the water where it's supposed to be, something disastrous could happen...

Oh, and don't forget to DANCE! Grab your favorite person and waltz for exactly 15 seconds when you are instructed to.

Edit: Also, thanks to everyone for the comments, and for listening! I'm a quarter of the way there, and without your support I would have given up by now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My second favorite, thus far. Can't believe you had the audacity to use harpsichord AND piano together. Bold choice!

Dan W. said...

Yes! I hoped some people would catch that. If you hear something that would annoy music nerds, it's probably in there on purpose.