Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 7 - "Tubi Belli Plumbing (reprise)"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day7.mp3

So, this one has a lot of explanation to it. First, I knew as soon as I wrote "Day 3" that this one had to happen. After our hero sabotages his plumbing, he calls up Tubi Belli plumbing to schedule an appointment. Unfortunately, instead of the beautiful female plumber showing up, a different employee arrives, and unfortunately, this one likes to sing as well.

I was hoping someone else would do the voice of the new plumber for me (like my dad!), but no one was available, so I did it. So you get to laugh at me doing my best gruff singing plumber voice. I thought this track would turn out a lot funnier than it actually did...my voice is simply not gruff enough. I may re-record the vocal track for the final version of the album.

Also, there's a baby crying in the song. I thought it would be funny to have it in there to emphasize the contrast between the beautiful version of this song sung by Maria, and the rather annoying (on purpose) version of it here. However, this backfired too, as I think the baby just made the song a lot cuter, not more annoying. The glockenspiel didn't exactly bring down the cute factor either. Oh well.

This is day 7! A week's worth of music, and morale is still high. It really is just a matter of time before the whole thing just devolves into complete nonsense and/or madness, but it won't be for quite a while. Tomorrow's is a good one too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, baby, nice glock! Sorry. It was there. I had to say it.

Anonymous said...

Not enough gruff... you really need to start smoking cigarettes dan...hahaha. But, some some coughing/wheezing would have been nice. This actually sounds pleasant to the ears.

Anonymous said...

ALSO, this somehow reminds me of something I would hear on Sesame Street...

Anonymous said...

You do a good job. It would also be fun to hear your dad give it a try!

Anonymous said...

I like the gruff dan
don't change it