Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 14 - Inondazione pt. 3

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day14.mp3

Look everyone, it's day 14! 2 weeks of music. This song is also special because a) it's the longest one yet, and b) it takes the whole thing over the 30 minute mark. So hooray for little victories!

This one was done in literally an hour, and it features the ukulele! Folks with good ears will enjoy this one because throughout the course of the song, the ukulele slowly falls out of tune. I personally think it adds to the song. I was going to put a little slide guitar in there, but I decided against it (mostly to save time). But maybe it'll be on the final album version. Now that I think of it, there was going to be a lot more to this song.

Anyways, this is the third part of the 3-part song about the big flood. And finally, the lovers (sorta) are reunited, as she is passing in a boat. Maybe some sort of plumber-boat specially made for this type of emergency. It's important to note that she isn't exactly happy about this, but our main character certainly appears to be. Also, I'm probably going to be giving the beautiful female plumber a name soon, as I'm sick of referring to her that way. Unless I start calling her the BFP. Also, I was informed the other day that there was a special on female plumbers on the Today Show, so I think I'm onto something here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was awesome! Now I have a craving for a pina colada. You were definitely channeling "Iz" Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole on that one. He'd be proud.

Dan W. said...

Yes! Iz is awesome. Little known fact: it's almost impossible to write a song on ukulele without it immediately turning into his version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Even in my song, you could probably hum that tune over the chords at certain points. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

somewhere over the rainbow
there's another rainbow
-dr. tobais funke

hey dan!
sorry i've been away for a number of days
i'm back and thrilled to be listening to the masterwork again.
keep rockin it!
derek

Anonymous said...

also - my favorite uke tune

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YKHXhWpuA1s

-derek

Anonymous said...

ok - last comment
i'm not alone

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PNwSoLiWROQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nQddapeaIRw

-d