Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 2 - "P"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day2.mp3

So when I started this project (yesterday), I decided it would be a good idea to see how long I could last without making a metal song. I lasted exactly one day. To you metal-haters: there won't be that much more. To you metalheads: when the metal does return, it will be heavier, and I could very well be working on the first musical with a blastbeat. But for now, I can rest easy tonight knowing that I've written the only metal song about flipping through a phonebook.

After the flood that took place in yesterday's song, our hero decides it would be a good idea to hire a plumber to get things in order. That brings him to the Yellow Pages, which make a brief guest appearance in the song (as a musical instrument). The chord progression is what I call the "Batman progression" (minor i to major II for you music nerds). I'm not sure if it's actually in a Batman movie, but I feel like it is.

Since the lyrics are a little hard to hear:

Here I am looking through the phonebook
And I flip right to the letter "P"
Countless names of plumbers fill the pages
But which is the perfect one for me?
"Tubi Belli Plumbing!"

Tubi Belli is Italian for "beautiful pipes/tubes", at least according to freetranslation.com. So...maybe a little clue?

I feel a little better about this one. Tomorrow's song, however, is fantastic. (I'm actually doing each song the day before I post it, don't remember if I mentioned that.) So come back tomorrow, for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding. I like it.


Next.

Anonymous said...

I called a plumber today for my broken water heater...

Nice song!!!!