Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 13 - Inondazione pt. 2

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day13.mp3

Alright, so this one isn't much, at all...but I've been busy, OK?!? I'm also posting it quite early because it's Memorial Day, and I will soon be attending a cookout.

If you are very observant, you will see that I changed the title of yesterday's piece to include (Inondazione pt. 1) This, obviously, is part 2. There will be a third part tomorrow, but I have no idea what it's going to be, and it'll probably be just as rushed as this one. All three parts are just depicting the flood happening throughout the city, and possibly the world. As it is the second part, you have to imagine it beginning immediately after the end of the last one. It would go something like this. Duhhhhhhhhh dududududu. BOOM. It'll work. I hope.

For this one, I really just wanted to introduce the little melody in the middle so I could use it later. I've had that melody floating around my head for a long long time, and I never really got it down anywhere. But I thought it could be cool to come back to later down the line. So this is more of me just building up my melody stash for later.

Also, that melody is REALLY hard to "ooh." REALLY hard. My sister was having trouble with it, and I didn't fully appreciate her pain until I had to sing it myself. After reading that, you'll probably try to ooh along with it, and you'll think you're doing it right, but trust me, it's not the same. Microphones can be quite unforgiving sometimes. (Speaking of microphones, I'm only using one microphone for this entire project, a Rode NT1-a). So if the melody DOES come back, you can be sure it won't be in a vocal part.

So yep, have a good Memorial Day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it. I like the blend of your voices. Very Karen-and-Richard-Carpenter-esque. Ach, you're way too young to understand that. Too bad. Your fault. Still, good job.