Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 17 - "Tubi Tango (Reprise)"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day17.mp3

It's really becoming hard to remember what day I'm on here. 17 songs is a lot of songs, and I'm not even halfway done. Scary. I'm not getting bored with the project, but it is getting quite a bit harder. I decided to do it because it seemed like a big challenge, but up till now it's been pretty easy. Now that it's harder it seems a whole lot more worth doing, if that makes any sense.

So anyways, about the song. Here, after Luna shoots Noah down with her techno song, they are caught off guard by a peculiar event: in a boat floating past them, they see a familiar face...the gruff plumber from all the way back on day 7! Turns out Noah isn't the only one with a thing for Luna, and this guy even has a trick up his sleeve to try and impress her: a french horn!

Now, I want to make a disclaimer here: I'm a trained professional french horn-ist, and the things you're about to hear on the instrument should not be attempted at home. I've always been into challenging conventional notions of beauty, so don't be surprised if you begin to weep and don't quite know why.

In the middle of the dude's heart-wrenching solo, something else happens! He gets sucked into a giant WHIRLPOOL! Just in case you can't really hear the whirlpool-like direction of the water sound effects, I threw in some toilet flushing sounds. When this is performed onstage, the auditorium will be filled ten feet high with water, and then the drain will be pulled in the floor, and the audience won't have any trouble figuring out what's going on. But until then, I thought the toilets would help you, listener! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said this already, but I'll do it again. Oh my god, Dan.

This is musical gold.

- Anonymous

Anonymous said...

OMG is right. Sometimes, you scare me a little with the places where your mind goes. You made me laugh and that is always a really good thing.

But my question is, what tuning did you use on that "stunning" solo?

Anonymous said...

Dan - If it is getting harder, it sure doesn't show. This stuff is great! As Tom Hanks said in that baseball movie, "...it's supposed to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it. It's the hard that makes it great..." Keep it up and thanks.

- That other Dan's dad

Dan W. said...

To the 2nd commenter: I don't know if your question about tuning was serious, but if it was...I have no clue. I'm glad you liked it though!

To Mr. M: Thanks a lot! I've got plenty of new characters on the way that need voices...you should come over and sing some time!

Anonymous said...

Dan - I would love to be a part of musical history, but I would need a couple of days, unless one of your characters has caught a cold from the omnipresent moistness. I am available on weeknights or weekends. Let me know.

Mr. M

Anonymous said...

nice solo!
dj