Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 8 - "Shine"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day8.mp3

I think this is probably the best song yet. I knew early on that some of the better songs should stay away from the story a bit, so that they could be taken out of context and still be nice songs. So in this one, I kept the lyrics a lot more vague, so that it's just a nice/depressing unrequited love ballad. In other words, you don't have to be in love with a plumber to connect with this one on some level. I think it still works in the story, though...every musical needs a good staring-out-the-window song, and I think this one fills that spot pretty well. Obviously, this is the main character reflecting on his romantic situation.

This whole project is definitely looking up now...I think the songs are getting better on average, and the writing process is getting quicker and a lot more enjoyable. In other words...it's working!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Best one yet. It is awesomely terrifying. Whatever that means.

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

Anonymous said...

I just caught up listening to all of your songs. Please save front row seats for me for your opening day. Fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

so sad!