Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 6 - "Sabotage"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day6.mp3

Alright, so this one started out COMPLETELY different than what you hear now. This was going to be an all out percussion fest...with banging on pipes and whatnot, but then I realize I don't have any pipes laying around, and it was pretty late at night when I finished it up. It's supposed to represent our hero tearing up his plumbing in an effort to see his unrequited love for a second time.

So I found some cool pipe sounds, and then I found some other sounds that I really liked, and I made a little beat, and by the end of it, it had nothing to do with anything, other than the fact that it was pretty dark, which I liked. This is a dark moment in the story, so I think it works. The little melody is mostly stolen from Liszt's "La Campanella" piano etude, one of about 5 "classical" pieces I really like. Here's an awesome video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5y9Wiqsd9xY

So anyone, this one is alright. If nothing else, I've never written anything in F# minor before. So that's cool.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. Although dark, it's not depressing dark. It's pensive dark, which, to me, is a good thing. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty sweet.

Anonymous said...

I really liked that.
It was pretty swell. i think.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm in some sort of Post Modern Euro atmosphere. Me likes.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Nine Inch Nails. Cameron would be proud!
-Mike