Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 9 - "A Watery Lullaby"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day9.mp3

This one isn't much, but I like it. It's my sister Maria singing again, but there are no lyrics, as you will hear. Wrote this one pretty quickly. There were actually a lot more instruments on here, but I just started taking more and more of them away, so this is what's left.

As for how this fits into the story...I don't really know. I suppose if it was in a movie, this would be sort of the opposite of the last song. If the main character was singing and looking out his window, now the girl plumber is doing the same thing. Then, in this fictional movie, it would cut back and forth between her singing and him going to sleep after he's done singing...sort of like she's singing him to sleep, but they're nowhere near each other. So if anyone wants to go ahead and write that down on the list of ideas for the feature film, that would be fantastic.

Oh, and for you music nerds, WATCH out for the sneaky switch from 4 to 3! It'll get you every time.

The story gets back on track tomorrow, and it's going to be a real treat. Tomorrow's song is easily my favorite thus far. And so I continue the pattern of good song - OK song - good song, etc. Oh well. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty! Great job!

Anonymous said...

That is quite a lullaby. It nearly put me to sleep. And I don't mean that it was boring. I mean that it was. A lullaby. You've achieved your goal, I think. Go team.

-Anonymous

Anonymous said...

I just went back to this one with my headphones on. I felt like I was spinning in circles. I should have known not to use laptop speakers. Don't yell at me.

-Anonymous