Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 21 - "Intermission"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day21.mp3

I don't think many people will be surprised that I'm putting this one in here. There's no story to explain, obviously. It's the intermission.

To explain a few somewhat-inside things: this musical is actually the 2nd to be performed at the DTB Theater (as referenced in today's piece); the first being last year's absolute smash hit "5 Floors of Cash", written, recorded, and performed by the Dart Throwing Bartenders (Tom Klind and I). If you haven't heard it yet, you must. It's a 15-minute musical version of the classic film "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York." It's probably the best thing I've ever worked on, and it can be found here: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/5FOC.zip . We wrote and recorded that in just under 2 days.

Secondly, one of the vendors is selling "twizzlers and water." I threw that in because when my family and I saw Wicked in Chicago, there was in fact a vendor selling/yelling "twizzlers and water." I suppose they're both very quiet snacks, but that doesn't make it less funny. Everything else in this track is just a bunch of nonsense that I thought of last night before bed. Also, some of my voices will be replaced by other people, as I'm playing about 4 different people here. And who else should appear today but my mother!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap! Bravo! The voice talent is AMAZING. It sent chills down my spine. ;-)

As always, your humor is subtle yet right on target. Like many others, I'm enjoying the blogposts as much as the songs. OK, well almost as much.

About time you let your mother in on the family fun. Now, you should get your father in on it too!

Katrice Battle said...

I enjoyed that.