Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 33 - "Push/Pound"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day33.mp3

This one didn't turn out nearly as well as I had hoped. Doing an a capella metal song is one of those things that we metalheads always joke around about, but nobody actually does it. So I did it. Was it worth it? Not really. I couldn't get anything that sounded remotely like a bass drum...or a snare drum...or anything that wasn't a cymbal. I was going to do a whole song of just mouth-sounds, but it got really boring really quickly, so I turned it into the "real" version after about 30 seconds. Then there wasn't really much else to do with it, so I finished it, and here it is.

This song is about Mr. Squid carrying out his brutal attack on the city. For a while I've had the little 4-over-3 "push/pound" section at the very end floating around my head, and there wasn't any reason to use it, until now. But this is the first metal song without all the happy major-scale stuff all over the place...but to me, it just sounds kinda generic. I'd say this song is one of the weakest yet, but maybe some people will get some entertainment out of it.

Tomorrow's, though, is ridiculous. So...be here on time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm......

Anonymous said...

Uh. . . What? Sorry, I don't have much else. I've failed music all day today, so I'm useless.

- Anonymous

Dan W. said...

Haha, these 2 comments sum it up pretty well. This song = fail.

Anonymous said...

No, no, no, NO! On the contrary. This song = you've left us speechless! That's a good thing!

But seriously, I think what you've done with this project, more than anything else is to have expanded our musical minds. You've made us think about music in new and interesting ways. There. Feel better now?