Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 34 - "Commercial Break"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day34.mp3

In the future, this will actually happen. In the middle of a musical, possibly during the most intense action scene, the performers will drop everything and sing the jingle of the corporation that is sponsoring the show.

So, I'd like to take this time to point out that this show is brought to you by FreeCreditReport.com. Come on people, did you really think I could put on such a high-caliber performance with just a bit of recording equipment and imagination? Of course not...this costs money, and a lot of it.

I'm posting this one very early, partially because I really like it, partially because I really hate yesterday's. I knew I wanted to do these for a little while, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a straight up cover or blow them up. Obviously, you can hear what I ended up choosing.

My voice is still kind of screwed up, but I don't have time to let it rest. That kinda sucks. An interesting part of this project though: for backup vocals I usually do some auto-tuning, and you can hear it in the very early songs of the project...after that, I actually got pretty decent and I haven't had to use it since. Until today's, that is...you can hear it on the vocals at the very end.

The bad news: I had to sing these all a bunch of times, and now I know all the lyrics by heart, and now I won't sleep for a week. The good news: after you listen to this song, I won't be the only one with that problem.

Sorry, it had to be done!

8 comments:

Katrice Battle said...

very crowd pleasing.



lol.


I liked the last one.

Anonymous said...

Good work. At least that's one good thing to happen today.

- Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Well, that was a burst of sunshine! Very fun and catchy! And, IMHO, your voice has never sounded better.

Katrice Battle said...

I think some people are taking your musical to heart and preparing


http://www.geekologie.com/2008/06/a_lilypad_for_the_floodinduced.php

Anonymous said...

Hey, Katrice. That link doesn't work. Something's missing. (Sorry Dan.)

Dan W. said...

That's wierd...I got the comment in an e-mail and that link worked, and it's awesome...but I can see why it doesn't work on here. Post it again!

Katrice Battle said...

If you view jut the post it works. It just doesn't fit in this comment area

http://inondazione.blogspot.com/
2008/06/day-34-commercial-break.html

Anonymous said...

hilarious.