Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 27 - "Fishy Polka"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day27.mp3

After Luna and Noah get pulled underwater by Mr. Squid, he takes them to an underwater city ruled and inhabited by singing fish, and they sing this song. Come on, you all saw it coming.

This is a polka (by request), I think...maybe it's not. The main part I'd like for you all to appreciate here is the shaker part...I had no idea how hard it was to play a shaker that fast. I went to bed with a very sore wrist last night.

The vocals were recorded at half speed, and then played back at normal speed...nothing really fancy. I really like the section with the music box and glockenspiel.

Another thing about this song...although I think it turned out really well, I have never gotten so sick of a song so fast. About halfway through recording the instruments I just thought to myself "I can't listen to this anymore." I guess that's what I get for doing a polka. But I pushed through, and now I really like it. Lesson learned!

The lyrics, since they're impossible to hear:

Hello
Good day
We knew you’d find your way
Just let us help you open up the door

Come in
Sit down
We knew he’d bring you down
To live with us here on the ocean floor

Just fol
-low me
You’ll find quite easily
The wonders at the bottom of the pool

We love
to sing
We’ll show you to the king
He’s brave and kind and loving and he’s cool


He loves
To swim
We know that you'll love him
He took us in and made our dreams come true

Just sit
And wait
You'll see that he is great
He's got a place especially for you.

Hello
Good day
We knew you’d find your way
Just let us help you open up the door

Come in
Sit down
We knew he’d bring you down
To live with us here on the ocean floor


---
Also, this is an absolutely terrible title.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's HILARIOUS! (Said in the same voice as the annoying cell phone guy at Marcus Theaters.)

I'm continually amazed by the depth and breadth of your imagination. Truly it knows no bounds.

Oh and thanks. This tune is now stuck in my head. As is the image of Peter Dinklage as one of the leaders of the singing fish.

Anonymous said...

You never let me down.

- Anonymous

Anonymous said...

ALVINNNN!!!

Yes Dave?

POLKAAA!!

Sounds Fishy, Dave...

Dan W. said...

Haha, thanks for that Joe.

Anonymous said...

2nd paragraph. Last sentence.

That's what she said