Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 36 - "A Fishy Thank You"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day36.mp3

OK, now these titles are just getting preposterous.

This song is a few of the fish waving goodbye and saying thank you to Noah and Luna. I really don't like the way this one turned out, at all. I did the vocals VERY late last night, and you can literally hear how tired I am in my voice. On top of that, it sounds similar to just about every song I've done in this project...while it isn't a reprise of anything, it's got tiny elements of just about every song. Which is sort of cool, but in a frustrating way, because this was supposed to sound all-new.

But man do I love playing the ukulele. When I finish this, I'm buying a real one in celebration. Ukulele by itself is great, but ukulele + palm muted guitar is extra great. That's the good part of this song. Also, special thanks to my mom for her snapping skills...that's 5 tracks of snapping, folks. My snaps just don't have that snappy sound, probably because my fingertips are slowly being eaten away by the pool chemicals that I sell by day.

Other than that, umm...I'm running out of things to say. Tomorrow's song is going to be great, I think. It's the big ending number, so don't miss it. After that, there are just a few more things to tie up, and then it's over, and we can all go home.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, five tracks of snapping. That would explain why I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my hand. And I thought it was all the tennis.

You're too hard on yourself Dan. This one is wonderful in its simplicity. Nicely done.

One final thought from one of my favorite books and one of the worst movies ever: "So long and thanks for all the fish." (I know you disagree on that second point.)

Anonymous said...

You're right. You sound very tired. Really though, the tiredness fits the sound of the song. I enjoy how laid back it is. It goes well with my own exhaustion and inability to process anything that is very deep right now. I like it. Yep.

- Anonymous

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE WEARINESS AS WELL. DON'T BE WARY OF THE WEARY, YOU CLEARLY WILL ONLY MAKE YOUR MUM TEARY WITH WORDS PORTRAYING A DAN THAT IS LEERY. FOR SHEARY MA' NEARY.

FIRST ALL CAPS POST. FTW.