Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 37 - "Fin"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day37.mp3

This song just destroyed the record for most work so far. I spent a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time on this one, and recording-wise, it's all over the place. There are about 30 tracks total, and it took me probably about 10 hours to do it. However, I really like it, and it's probably one of the best songs in the whole thing. My vocal cords are still being very frustrating, but I think I did OK on this one.

This one is basically the end of the show. There are going to be a few more songs obviously, but nothing big, and it'll all make sense very soon.

As far as the story goes...Luna and Noah finally come up to the surface, and Noah gets dropped off back at his house. The flood is over, and his house is dry. Then Luna sails away once again...this time, probably forever.

I'm hoping to get Nathan back to sing as the captain for those few lines in the middle of the song, hopefully for the final version. My magical techno drumline returns as well.

The lyrics on this one were sort of interesting. I wanted this one to be another one that could be taken out of context, and just be a cool pop song with simple pop song lyrics. For the most part, I think it worked. And to be honest, I'm not really sure what the lyrics mean for the most part, but I like them.

Here they are:

Do you remember all the years before I knew your name?
Or all the time we spent over a thousand miles away?
I’m thinking fondly of the time before I saw your face.
What did I tell you before there was anything to say?

Good or bad I know you’ll never be
someone good or bad enough for me.
Say my name and just forget the sound
Toss me in the flood and pull me down

Maybe I’ll see your pretty face below the waterline.
Maybe I’ll be able to look you in the eyes sometime.
My only thoughts of you are right before I go to bed
And so I know that soon you’ll stop hanging around my head.

I am left with nothing left to say
I will turn and walk the other way
Say my name and just forget the sound
Toss me in the flood and pull me down


---
The title...it's like "end" and like a fish fin too...I am SO CLEVER!

4 comments:

Katrice Battle said...

I really like this one, and I think you did well on a vocals too - even if you found it frustrating.

Anonymous said...

YES.

- Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Bravo!!!! Definitely my favorite one of all. I like the lyrics. I like that we (or you) aren't completely sure what they mean. My favorite part is the "whoa oh oh ohs". This could be a great radio hit, IMHO. And radio could use a little drumline. Most excellent job - ESPECIALLY the title. Love that.

Anonymous said...

Where's the TETRIS SOLO?

Haha. It's actually a lot different than Hangover Days. Word.