Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 26 - "Going Down"

Link: http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/day26.mp3

I knew I wouldn't have much time to do this one, so I wanted to try something different...a capella but with NO processing, no touching-up, no editing, not even any mixing. All I did was record the tracks and pan them left to right. So what you're hearing is me...naked! No instruments to help everything sound more in-tune. I think my shaky pitch is quite charming, actually.

At this point in the story, the squid is pulling the boat (and the two main characters) down underwater. If this song doesn't really get that point across, I don't know what will.

For those of you who can count REALLY well, you will see that there are 14 days to go. 2 more weeks of songwriting. Hopefully I can make it through.

Also, it looks like this whole project has become very topical, with the recent happenings of the weather. I would like to point out that all the floods are not my fault, and hope you don't get mad at me for trivializing them. But still, you gotta admit, pretty good timing on my part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, let's all hear it for Dan and his naked panning. I mean, I don't usually promote such things, but you gotta appreciate the primal simplicity of it all. I personally think your shaky pitch is awesome. And no doubt it's fueled and inspired by the inhalation of pool chemicals. (Anyone note the irony of even MORE water references in Dan's life?!) Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

This watery irony is starting to make me rust...

I have no idea what that even means. Keep going Daniel san.